Heating

Replacing the old furnace in your central heating system with a new, more efficient model can offset volatile energy prices. Money aside, today's furnaces pollute less and boost comfort by producing heat more steadily than older furnaces.  We are able to service most all furnaces types, but as a Rheem Team Top Contractor we will install a Rheem Furnace in your home or office.  Consistently top rated by Consumer Reports for customer satisfaction and reliability Rheem is tested, tried and true.  

Hydronic Heating

Over the years, hydronic (hot water) heating has been used in the best comfort systems in a wide range of new and traditional homes. Hydronic heating is a method of heating that uses hot water or steam instead of air. With hydronic heat, you get two types of heat delivery: radiant heat and convected heat. Radiant heat warms you directly, just like the sun's rays. Convected heat is carried by warm air circulating in a room.
Hydronic heat lets you choose from several different devices that use these two heating processes. Hot water from a boiler can be piped to radiant tubing hidden in the floor, to slim baseboard radiators, or to stand-alone radiators. Plus, hydronic heating can produce more hot water for cooking, washing, and hot tubs with the addition of an indirect water heater.

Understanding the Efficiency Rating of Furnaces and Boilers

 A central furnace or boiler's efficiency is measured by Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE)  AFUE is a measure of how efficient the unit is in the energy in its fuel over the  course of a typical year.

 

Specifically, AFUE is the ratio of heat output of the furnace or boiler compared to the total energy consumed by a furnace or boiler.  An AFUE of 90% means the energy in the fuel becomes heat for the home and the other 10% escapes up the chimney and elsewhere.


The minimum allowed AFUE rating for a non-condensing fossil-fueled, warm-air furnace is 78%: the minimum rating for a fossil-fueled boiler is 80%: and the minimum rating for a gas-fueled steam boiler is 75%.  The AFUE rating for a condensing unit can be much higher (by more than 10 percentage points) than a non-condensing furnace.  Condensing units may cost more than non-condensing units, but the condensing unit can save you money in fuel costs over the 15-20 year life of the unit, and is particularly wise in colder climates.  Rebates and incentives can also bring the initial cost down on these more efficient units. 

How Can You Save on Your Fuel Bills ?

If replacing your furnace or boiler is not in your budget at this time, consider improving your systems energy efficiency by installing a programmable thermostat, upgrading ductwork in forced-air systems, and adding zone controls for hot-water systems.

   



But, if your furnace or boiler is old, worn out, inefficient, or significantly oversized, the simplest solution is to replace it with a modern high-efficiency model.  Energy efficiency upgrades and a new high-efficiency heating system can often cut your fuel bills and your furnace's pollution output in half.  Look for the ENERGY STAR label.  If you live in a colder climate, it usually makes sense to install the highest-efficiency system.

36 Hour Accuweather Forecast

 
Site Map | Printable View | © 2008 - 2017 Fennig Plumbing & Heating | (414) 771-7744
louie@fennigphc.com | Site By InnoTech